July 18, 2014
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) — Summer is here, and walking along the beach, around the pool or in your backyard barefoot can lead to foot injuries.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests having these essentials on hand:
- A pair of flip flops for a hotel or pool so you don’t have to walk barefoot.
- Antibiotic ointment and sterile gauze or bandages.
- A cream enriched with emollients for dry feet.
- Moleskin or blister pads to protect feet from blisters.
- Advil, Motrin or another anti-inflammatory drug to help ease pain and swelling.
- Toenail clippers, a pumice stone and an emery board.
- Aloe vera and sunscreen for sunburn protection.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.