July 18, 2014
Latest Mental Health News
(HealthDay News) — With all of the pressure that society and the media put on people to improve their bodies, experts say you should embrace what you have and not expect perfection.
The University of Illinois McKinley Health Center offers these suggestions:
- Don’t be defined by your body, or let your physical self keep you from doing the things you want.
- Being thin does not guarantee happiness.
- Appreciate the different shapes and sizes of all bodies.
- Accept that your body will change over time.
- The way other people see you could well differ from the way you see yourself.
- Focus on your strengths and what you offer to others.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.