October 18, 2014
Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) — Limiting you and family members to appropriate portion sizes can help maintain healthy weights and avoid overeating.
The Letsmove.gov website offers these suggestions:
- Use smaller bowls and plates at home.
- Buy snacks in smaller packages.
- Don’t push kids to clean their plates. Instead, encourage them to stop eating when they’re full.
- Cook in larger batches, serving appropriate portions and freezing the rest.
- Measure appropriate portion sizes before serving. Avoid eating right out of the package.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.