November 13, 2014
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) — Running burns a lot of calories and energy, so it’s important to refuel with a healthy snack.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics mentions these alternatives:
- Plan to eat a mini-meal of proteins and carbohydrates after your run.
- Drink an 8 oz. serving of low-fat chocolate milk.
- Make your own trail mix with pretzels, cereal, soybeans and dried fruit.
- Have a wrap or sandwich with peanut butter and jelly.
- Snack on a protein and carbohydrate energy bar.
- Munch on a small serving of pretzels with nuts, or pita with hummus.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.